We offer a traditional worship at 10:55 each Sunday morning, followed by a light lunch for all who wish to stay.
We love having babies and children join us for church. Many of the younger ones stay in the sanctuary until children's time, then go upstairs to the Sunday school and nursery area for supervised play and a snack. We also keep "wiggle bags" in the sanctuary with crayons, stickers, and coloring books for children.
The church office is open Monday-Thursday, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Please explore our website, call us at 502-227-7175, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and join us for worship and fellowship.
South Frankfort Presbyterian Church is affiliated with the Presbyterian Church U.S.A., through the Mid-Kentucky Presbytery.
SUNDAY SCHOOL – 10 A.M
- The Children's Class (Pre-K through 3rd grade) is using the Spark Rotation Model for Sunday school. In this model children spend more than one week on a Bible story and visit a different workshop each week in order to experience the same story from a different perspective. This class meets in the upstairs children's area.
- The G.A.P. Class (God Answers Prayer), for 4th-6th graders, meets in the upstairs children’s area.
- The Young Teens (7th and 8th graders) meet in their own room in the basement.
- The High School class is looking at cultural hot topics through the lens of our Christian faith and Presbyterian heritage. Topics, selected by the young people, have included marriage, divorce, bullying, and dating. This class meets in the basement.
- The Counterpoints class, taught by Bill Kirkland, meets in the Conference Room. The class studies and discusses books of current theological interest, many with contrasting points of view, hence the name “Counterpoints.” The book will be provided by the church, so no need to buy a copy.
- The Faith in Action class, taught by Tony Sholar, meets in Fellowship Hall using a book provided by the church. They also put their faith into action through such projects as cookouts at the Kings Daughters apartments, dinners at the Women's Shelter, and local and international mission trips. Come join the class!